API specification, documentation and more..
We have a comprehensive set of guides and tutorials alongside our API reference documentation. You can use the resources below to set up your development account, add test data and familiarise yourself with the Key Concepts of the Accounting API.
- Quick Start Guide - Create your accounts, add test data and learn quickly how to make your first request.
- API Reference - access our selection of open api specifications, grouped by common endpoints.
- Guides - including migration, authentication and best practices.
- Key Concepts series - contains tutorials for the most common use cases and more.
- Sage Developer YouTube Channel - video guides and tutorials and more to come in the future.
How can we support you?
The first stop for anyone encountering issues developing with Accounting API is our Developer Community. Here you have access to our forums where general questions or specific support queries can be, or already have been answered.
Alternatively we also have our UK-based Developer Services team available from 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday. The team can be reached via email here.
If you decide on becoming an app partner, listing on our marketplace is the next step. A meeting will be conducted with you to discuss your integration, where you will also be introduced to one of the Developer Evangelists on the team who will be available to support you with all technical aspects of our API.
What to expect, and how to prepare..
The validation process exists to ensure your application is at a high enough standard to be listed on our marketplace. We have a responsibility to our mutual customers that their data is handled securely and responsibly, and brings value to their businesses.
In order to validate your application, members of the team will invite you to an informal online meeting (usually via Microsoft Teams) that we will record for our internal records only. The session will give you the opportunity to demonstrate your application and specifically how it integrates with Sage Business Cloud Accounting.
What are we looking for?
During your demo we will be reviewing your integration and considering the following:
- Does the integration perform as advertised?
- Is the use of Sage branding correct (logos etc.)?
- What data is being read/written to and from Accounting?
- How is that data secured? (both in application and database technology)
- Where is the data hosted?
- What is the customer experience like?
Use of the Sage Accounting product logos
A requirement when listing your application on our marketplace is to ensure our product branding is correct. As such you should use the logos provided below.
The use of the Sage Accounting logo's is subject to follow our co-marketing guidelines, which you must agree to before you can download.
I have read and agree to adhere to the co-marketing guidelines
Manage your listing
Once you have accepted the Marketplace Terms and Conditions for each region where your solution has been validated, your designated company admin will receive an invitation to access the Sage Marketplace platform. The invitation includes reference materials, and an offer to schedule a 30 minute introductory training call with a member of our marketplace team to assist with access to your marketplace account and to run through the listing process, requirements, and best practices.
Our platform will allow you to work with your listing in the following ways:
- Edit and submit your listing for publication.
- Add a logo for both your listing and profile.
- Select appropriate target industries and categories.
- The option to add links to video content such as your app demonstrations.
- Provide details of key benefits to our mutual customers.
- List out features of your application and integration, with screenshots and highlights.
- Include other key points around support, and additional resources.
- Editions and pricing are optional.
Co-branded Landing Page
As part of your listing on our marketplace, we will require the creation of a co-branded landing page to be built on your website for the listing to point to as the next step in the customer's digital journey. This provides you with the opportunity to promote your integration and really drive its benefits to potential customers who click to find out more.
What you can expect after your listing goes live
Once your listing is completed, you will be advised on the options available at that time and we'll look to help guide you going forward.
If your agreement includes Go To Market activity, or if a co-marketing opportunity becomes available, our marketing team will be in touch to discuss any marketing activity available to help get our partnership off to a great start.
Support doesn't stop here
The support options listed above will remain open to you, with access to our forums, community, support team and more for advice and assistance with changes and new features.