Banking Service (formerly known as Banking Cloud) is a global platform that integrates with banks and bank aggregators. It enables the Sage product portfolio to remain up to date and reconciled with the transactions in our users’ bank accounts.
Banking Service can provide users with reliable, timely and accurate transaction information from all relevant banks and credit card providers.
Using Banking Service reduces the time spent manually entering data, and allows users to track cash flow in real time. It streamlines bank reconciliation by effectively reconciling your bank every day. This gives users confidence that bank accounts are in order at the end of the month.
Banking Service coverage
We get transactions via direct feeds from the banking or financial institution. Or, when a direct feed is not available, a 3rd-party aggregator.
We have been increasing the number of direct feeds offered to our customers.
Sage Accounting bank feeds
This video demonstrations shows you how a user sets up bank feeds in their product and uses the Banking Service. The user experience may vary slightly depending on the Sage product.
Who is this for?
Direct bank feeds will target three distinct audiences:
- Accountancy practices who are managing the accounts of sole traders and small businesses.
- Sole traders and small business owners who manage the accounts themselves.
- Finance departments of small and medium businesses with more complex needs and a large number of bank accounts and credit cards.
Why it’s essential for customers
The automatic reconciliation process reduces the risk of human errors.
It eliminates the process of manually entering each transaction to reconcile bank statements.
Easy to use
With only a few steps required to start and automatically reconcile after that, bank reconciliation is done in a few clicks every time.
Banking Service customers streamline their workflow by:
- eliminating manual data entry
- removing the need for an accountant to reconcile bank records
- automating the bank reconciliation process
We have to keep up with the changing nature of the banking sector and its governance. Because of this, providing a secure and reliable solution is extremely important. We have implemented a new connection method that delivers quality service and a consistent experience.
Sage has worked with industry leaders to create the Provider API. We developed this API recognising the increase in neo banking services, and their popularity. It allows banks and financial institutions to push customer transactions to Banking Service.
The Provider API equips banking and financial institutions with the tools they need to create Banking Service connectors. It includes the following benefits:
- Direct integration with Banking Service.
- Independence of 3rd party aggregators and software solutions.
- Banks and financial institutions can develop and test their own connectors at their own pace.