The Provider API and your needs
You’ll find an overview of Payments Out Service and the Provider API in the What is Payments Out Service? section.
Integrating with Payments Out Service allows Sage customers to make payments through your service.
Payments Out Service is product agnostic. This means customers of a range of products will be able to use this service.
If you’re looking for integration with a specific product, be aware that some features may be implemented differently across products.
The provider requirements
You need to review the requirements for a successful integration with the API. You can still integrate if some items are not complete, but you may need further assessment before integrating.
- Updates should be sent in near real time and in accordance with our status flows.
- The Provider API will throttle requests at a rate agreed with the commercial team (default 10 requests per second). 429 responses may be returned if the provider exceeds the throttling rate and the provider should implement an appropriate backoff before retrying.
- Use Sage ID access token until they expire. New tokens are not required for each new request.
- Your integration should ensure client credentials and API keys are stored securely.
- You should notify us immediately of any breach of credentials.
- Providers who support the notification endpoint must validate the API key header and Sage ID token.
You are responsible for maintaining the provider connector.
The integration you build must include:
- Authorisation endpoint URL (sandbox and production)
- Preferred method of sending API key and client secret (to be agreed with LSM)
The following are optional:
- Notification endpoint URL (sandbox and production)
- Notification header name and value required by the bank (this will be sent to their endpoint with all notifications)
Register your interest and apply to become a partner
When you have decided to connect your service to Payments Out Service, go to our Partners site and request access to use our open APIs and integrate with Sage.
A member of the commercial team will be in touch to discuss integration. They will help you assess against the provider requirements and answer your questions.
The kick-off call is an introduction to members of our Enablement team. It’s an opportunity to ask any pre-development questions. This will include:
- Introductions to the team members.
- Introduction to setup requirements.
- Overview of roadmap and go-live dates.
- Setting up scheduled support calls and check ins.
Getting set up
Resources we will provide to you
After registration, you will receive these resources:
- Access to our sandbox environment.
- A provider-specific Postman environment. This contains your client credentials and keys to allow you run the Postman collections. You can find out more about this in Stage 2: Develop & Test.
- An assigned contact from the Enablement team for setup queries.
- Communication channels established for support.
Find out what you need to do to develop and test for your integration before your kick-off call.