Why introduce Performance Tiers?
- Sage Intacct sees trends toward digitization in the industry.
- Performance Tiers can help you scale your business.
How do Performance Tiers help you scale?
- Expand the number of integration transactions that you can process at the same time (concurrency).
- Enjoy improved throughput for your API transactions and better reliability.
- Leverage the higher availability and improved reliability of your API integrations.
- Depending on your tier, double, triple (or more) your job throughput.
- Get increased visibility and control.
What are the components of a Performance Tier?
- Monthly API transaction entitlement
- API concurrency
- Improved offline job concurrency
- Flexible API overage model that does not force you into a higher tier
What are the benefits of concurrency?
- Multiple transactions and jobs run at the same time.
- Reduced wait time for reports to execute.
What counts toward Performance Tier API allotment?
- Customer-specific integrations and usage
- ETL, middleware, and iPaaS partners
What’s excluded from the Performance Tier API allotment?
- Authorized Marketplace partners
- ISV solutions
- Sage Intacct’s own applications
How can in-product API usage & metrics help me?
- Get more visibility into API usage and integrations via the dashboard.
- See metrics for API transaction volume.
- Understand which integrations consume the most transactions.
- View the success or failure of transactions.
- Identify opportunities to optimize usage and lower costs.
- See usage over time and understand what works or does not.
What types of transactions are included in API volume?
- Web services
- Smart events
- Platform triggers
- AJAX page scripts
Which offline jobs benefit from concurrency?
- Data Delivery Service
- Offline reports and memorized report groups
- Scheduled reports